Introducing Learn Epoxy Floors
A Step by Step online course teaching all the fundamentals of Epoxy Flooring
You want to take on new challenging jobs and grow your career. But you’re not confident in moving forward. You are aware of the risks and failures with epoxies.
When I first got involved in epoxies I had no clue what I was doing. Epoxy flooring looks fairly simple until you start experiencing failures.
Why? Because people don’t realize that this quite a hard craft. It’s not just about showing up on-site with a roller and two buckets. Proper application of resinous floor coatings is actually a very special skill.
And I had my failures. Clients calling me at 6 in the morning telling me that the floor has not cured, and how this delay will cost their business… Floors packed with bubbles… coatings cracking after just a few weeks.
So I’ve developed this online epoxy flooring training course to help contractors and construction professionals learn the basics of Epoxy Flooring. In this course you will get over 3,5 hours of learning material that will speed up your learning pace. You will acquire the skills and the confidence to become a successful epoxy flooring professional.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the differences between the various types of flooring systems
- Confidently install glossy self smoothing floors
- Eliminate problems like trowel marks, bubbles and curing issues with your products
- Properly specify the right floor solution for each project
- Understand the basic concepts of epoxy chemistry and the main differences between epoxies and polyurethanes
- Take on more challenging projects and expand your business in the process
- Understand all the necessary equipment and tools required to run a successful flooring business
What is included in the course?
LearnEpoxyFloors is composed of six video lectures each 20-30 minutes in duration. Each video covers one epoxy flooring training module and is presented in a slideshow format with pictures from real projects. The content of each module is described below.
- Module 1 looks at the Key stages of epoxy flooring. I go through the main stages describing surface preparation, priming, grouting and then coating.
- Module 2 focuses on the three most common types of epoxy floor systems: floor paints, self leveling floors and antislip floor systems
- Module 3 explains some basic concepts of epoxy chemistry where we discuss the importance of the A and B components, solvents, water based products and mixing the correct proportions.
- Module 4 looks at frequently asked questions. We look into substrate suitability, proper application methods as well as choosing the right products
- Module 5 is all about organising your team, your supplies and the equipment that you will require to execute a flooring project.
- Module 6 goes beyond epoxies and we look at other types of resinous flooring systems. We discuss polyurethanes, acrylics, MMAs and more.
The course also includes TWO SPECIAL BONUSES. The first bonus is a troubleshooting guide that lists the most common problems with epoxy floors. The other two bonuses are two handy checklists. The first sheet is a list with all the basic supplies that you should have when you are carrying out at an epoxy project. The second checklist is a list of nine things you should check before starting to coat the final coat on a flooring project.
What Other Students said about this course
"I always read and watch your shared articles and videos; they are really amazing and overwhelming. Your experiences are undeniable and helpful for new people in this career as well as experienced ones.I am thankful for what I can learn from you" (Asghar, Iran)
"The information in this course is much appreciated. It has really helped me in my flooring jobs" (Scott, Canada)
"Thank you Akis. I am no longer making the mistakes I was making in the past. My progress has been excellent. It has been from one level of glory to another" (Disi, Nigeria)
How is the course structured?
When does the course start and finish?
How long do I have access to the course?
What if I am unhappy with the course?
Who is the instructor and what is his background?
Akis Apostolopoulos has 15+ years of practical experience in the manufacturing and application of epoxy and polyurethane based floor coatings
- Successfully completed challenging industrial flooring projects for multinational companies in sectors such as food production, pharmaceuticals, retail, and car parks
- Owner of a Floor coatings manufacturing company (Ktisis) with clients in Europe, Africa and the Middle East-
- Founded LearnCoatings in order to improve the knowledge on epoxy flooring worldwide