Introducing Learn Epoxy Floors
A Step by Step online course teaching all the fundamentals of Epoxy Flooring. This course has been developed for applicators who want to get into epoxy flooring. Study at your own pace and watch the learning material as many times as you want!
What you get when you join LearnEpoxyFloors
Watch this short walk-through video to understand what you will get when you join the course
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Have a key understanding of each step involved in applying a floor from surface preparation to the final coating
- Understand the differences between the various types of flooring systems
- Confidently install glossy self leveling epoxy floors
- Eliminate problems like trowel marks, bubbles and curing issues with your projects
- Properly specify the right floor solution for each project
- Understand the basic concepts of epoxy chemistry and the main differences between epoxies and polyurethanes
- Take on more challenging projects
- Understand all the necessary equipment and tools required to run a successful flooring business
You want to take on new challenging jobs and grow your career. But you’re not confident in moving forward. You are aware of the risks and failures with epoxies.
When I first got involved in epoxies I had no clue what I was doing. Epoxy flooring looks fairly simple until you start experiencing failures.
Why? Because people don’t realize that this quite a hard craft. It’s not just about showing up on-site with a roller and two buckets. Proper application of resinous floor coatings is actually a very special skill.
And I had my failures. Clients calling me at 6 in the morning telling me that the floor has not cured, and how this delay will cost their business… Floors packed with bubbles… coatings cracking after just a few weeks.
So I’ve developed this online epoxy flooring training course to help contractors and construction professionals learn the basics of Epoxy Flooring. In this course you will get over 4 hours and 20 lessons of learning material. You will acquire the skills and the confidence to become a successful epoxy flooring professional.
What is included in the course?
LearnEpoxyFloors (2021 version) is composed of over 20 video lessons. Each lesson covers a specific topic, presented in a slideshow format with pictures from real projects.There are also several videos showing actual on-site application of epoxies. The content of each module is described below.
- Module 1 looks at the Key stages of epoxy flooring. I go through the main stages describing surface preparation, priming, grouting and then coating.
- Module 2 focuses on the most common types of epoxy floor systems: floor paints, self leveling floors, quartz systems, clear coats as well as metallic epoxies and 3D epoxies.
- Module 3 explains some basic concepts of epoxy chemistry where we discuss the importance of the A and B components, solvents, water based products and mixing the correct proportions.
- Module 4 looks at frequently asked questions. We look into substrate suitability, proper application methods as well as choosing the right products
- Module 5 is all about organising your team, your supplies and the equipment that you will require to execute a flooring project.
- Module 6 goes beyond epoxies and we look at other types of resinous flooring systems. We discuss polyurethanes, acrylics, MMAs and more.
The course also includes THREE SPECIAL BONUSES. The first bonus is a troubleshooting guide that lists the most common problems with epoxy floors. The other two bonuses are two handy checklists. The first sheet is a list with all the basic supplies that you should have when you are carrying out at an epoxy project. The second checklist is a list of nine things you should check before starting to coat the final coat on a flooring project. Finally we show you an actual project case study where we applied epoxy over tiles.
What Past Students said about this course
"I always read and watch your shared articles and videos; they are really amazing and overwhelming. Your experiences are undeniable and helpful for new people in this career as well as experienced ones.I am thankful for what I can learn from you" (Asghar, Iran)
"The information in this course is much appreciated. It has really helped me in my flooring jobs" (Scott, Canada)
"Thank you Akis. I am no longer making the mistakes I was making in the past. My progress has been excellent. It has been from one level of glory to another" (Disi, Nigeria)
How is the course structured?
When does the course start and finish?
How long do I have access to the course?
What if I am unhappy with the course?
Who is the instructor and what is his background?
Akis Apostolopoulos has 15+ years of practical experience in the manufacturing and application of epoxy and polyurethane based floor coatings
- Successfully completed challenging industrial flooring projects for multinational companies in sectors such as food production, pharmaceuticals, retail, and car parks
- Owner of a Floor coatings manufacturing company (Ktisis) with clients in Europe, Africa and the Middle East-
- Founded LearnCoatings in order to improve the knowledge on epoxy flooring worldwide